Thursday, January 25, 2007

GOING FOR THE HAT TRICK

CREAKING BONES aka "Tonsils" is in Trap 3, in an S3 race Thurles on Saturday night. This is only his third race, having won his previous 2 starts and moved up from S6 to S3 after his 10.5 lengths win on 5th Jan. I believe this could be a serious dog on the sprint circuit, with a little more experience under his belt.
What a race this turned out to be!!! Running from Trap 3, for the first time he was slow out of the Trap, but went past the 2 dog on his inside approaching the first bend, and then cut inside the 1 dog running the bend at the same time. From then on, he just powered away, with me yelling " Come on Tonsils Oi OI " from the winning post. The locals went very quiet, but I was really calling my boy on, what a gutsy race he ran, winning by 4 lengths .
I got on with my usual bookie at 6/4, with a lumpy bet, and he finished at 4/6 on most other boards. Absolutley brilliant if I say so myself, improving his time to 19.67.This now makes him 3 wins from 3 races, and he has moved up another grade to S2.
http://www.igb.ie/Greyhounds.aspx?id=9801C93E-23BD-45D0-92EF-C9A9B7180074




No comments: